The Masonic Mutual Limited is run by Freemasons for Freemasonry. The Directors of the Mutual serve on a voluntary basis and are all eminent Freemasons. The founding Members established the Mutual with the aim of reducing the cost of risk to Freemasonry. Currently only Masonic organisations can apply for Membership but the intention is to extend Membership to individual Masons.
The Masonic Mutual Limited has many benefits including:
- Member owned – An organisation or individual taking out cover with The Masonic Mutual Limited becomes a Member. The Mutual is owned by and run for the benefit of its Members. We have no shareholders expecting a return on their investment. All Members are entitled to attend our AGMs and can vote on important matters such as who sits on our Board of Directors.
- Cost – The Masonic Mutual Limited has been set up with the aim of offering cover at a competitive price that could decrease as the Membership increases. It also seeks to remove insurance brokers’ commission/fees and, because it is a discretionary Mutual, it has certain tax benefits not available to conventional insurers.
- Mutual Trading Surpluses – If income from the Members’ Contributions exceeds claims and expenses the resulting surplus belongs to the Members and may in time be paid back to Members.
- Cover – Cover can be customised to suit the individual needs of a Member and does not have to follow conventional insurance market offerings.
- Discretion – Payment of claims is as the discretion of the Board of Directors but this does mean that the Directors have the power to agree claims which fall outside the terms of a Member’s cover.
- Service – The Masonic Mutual Limited is managed by Regis Mutual Management Limited, whose team has a proven track record and reputation for innovation and success in the management of mutuals in the UK and Australia. All claims are handled by Regis’ in-house claims team.
To learn more about how The Masonic Mutual Limited works and why it is right for Freemasonry please read more about us.
The Masonic Mutual Limited is the only company in the UK to focus solely on providing cover to Masonic organisations and Freemasons.
To request a quote, give us a call on 0203 327 3356, or email email@example.com